Sunday, September 7, 2014

Language and Literature Blog 1.

Hello. My name is Mohamed Abousen, and I'm from Egypt but was born in Yardly, Pennsylvania in the U.S. I moved to New York for a bit then came to the U.A.E. I'm into sports and I like to play football. I'm doing the diploma courses, and i am aiming high this year. My goals is to go through this year swiftly without any ups and downs, and get through DP to go to UNI. I believe that no matter where a person comes from, or what color they are, they should never be prejudiced or preconceived. My main languages are English and Arabic, yet i mostly speak English at home. I use Arabic mainly to speak to my family living in Egypt but i use English to speak with my friends and my family living in the U.S. I kind of live two cultures for my mothers side of the family lived in the states and most of have no idea how to speak Arabic , yet alone been to Egypt at all. 


3 comments:

  1. Very good point about culture you have there! I agree that no one should be judged no matter where they come from, or their background story. Also, I really love the image you posted, great quote. Although, I would have liked to learn a little more about some of you're connections to culture and language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mohamed,
    I enjoyed reading about your background history and how you want to aim high this year in order to succeed. I strongly agree with your views on prejudice, overall I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Abousen
    The quote posted was really good and its really true and what you said about "prejudice" is something I totally agree with and you could have spoken more about culture or language and your relations to them.

    ReplyDelete